Thursday, January 20, 2011

Weekly Recipe

Salsa Chicken

Let me start this weeks recipe suggestion with TWO disclaimers!  Disclaimer #1, this is not my recipe, I got it off of a moms group that I belong to and Disclaimer #2, I'm cooking it right now but haven't actually tried it yet!  If it turns out to be a bust, I promise to update this post.  If it's good, then I'll let you know!

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (frozen is fine)
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
1 jar of your favorite flavored salsa
1 block of cream cheese

Add chicken, corn, salsa and black beans to crock pot and turn on high.  Depending on crock pot temp, cook 4-6 hours.  Add cream cheese last 45 minutes of cooking.  Chicken will easily shred.  You can then serve it over rice, or in a corn/flour tortilla.  We are having ours in flour tortilla's and I'll add some shredded cheese, guacamole and jalapeno's on the side.  Little shredded chicken burritos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment